My 2017 Travel Destinations:
- Cancun, Mexico
- Joshua Tree, California
- Carnival Cruise to Ensenada, Mexico
- Lived near Laguna Beach, California
- Santa Cruz, California
- Big Sur, California
- San Francisco, California
- Shasta Forest, California
- Portland, Oregon
- Vancouver, BC
- Glacier, Yoho, Kootenay, Banff, Jasper, & Waterton Lakes National Parks, British Columbia
- Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Yosemite National Parks, USA
- Los Angeles, California
- Big Bear, California
It’s always crazy to think about how so much can change in a year. A year ago, I was fresh out of college and just beginning to find a voice in Blue Skies & Open Roads. Today, I feel just as lost…but I have enjoyed the direction I am headed. Although I spent the first week of the new year in the tropical paradise of Cancun, the majority of 2017 kicked my ass. I spent most days working (7 days a week with double shifts) trying to pay rent while Andrew finished school.
After doing this continually for about 9 months, in August we said “what the hell”. We packed our bags, left our cats with our mothers, and embarked on a month long road trip through the national parks of Canada & the U.S. The road trip was full of serenity and incredible destinations…exactly what I needed to soothe my mind. Now at the end of the year, I am ready to continue this journey and eager for my next travel fix.
New Year Resolutions:
- Drink more water
- Exercise way more
- Be organized (bullet journal, planners, wake up earlier)
- Improve photo content on Instagram
- Stick to posting at least 1 video a week on my Youtube
- Be more confident!
I am excited for what 2018 will bring. I’m ready for a fresh start, no matter how small that may be. I can’t wait to focus more time and energy into creating content for you guys. I love writing and I hope this year is a year of inspiration, peace, and love all around.
What are your New Year Resolutions? Let me know in the comments.